what can i do and not do? Eat and not eat?

first time pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do everything you normally do except dont lift too much weight and dont eat too much fish because of mercury and dont drink too much caffeine and do not do crunchs.....

other than that not much of a difference from every day life
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• congratulationsYou can do anything you want (except go around lifting cars and body-slamming people).Walking and yoga stretches are really good for you right now, until the baby comes, any exercise you do now, should be fine throughout your pregnancy. As far as food - anything within moderation is just fine too.

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Hm. Log rolling, skydiving and demolition derby racing are off your list. **grin**

Your doc will give you the "foods to avoid" list. It's pretty short. I only remember two things...alcohol and certain types of fish. Otherwise, wide open field.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• No alcohol. Avoid the high mercury level fish. And limit caffeine to a reasonable amount. That's about it. Although some people figure you can't eat lunch meat or hot dogs or any number of other things. Meh. I've never drank a lot of coffee and I can't stand fish, so the only difference for me was cutting out the little bit of alcohol I would normally have on occasion.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Well you can go all out and not eat pretty much everything lol Fish, lunch meats, soft cheeses etc etc. But what I personally think is realistic is: No alcohol, No smoking, limited caffiene, limited mercury containing fish and no sushi.... Exercise what you did before just don't start more exercising (my doctor told me that and I was like wtf I can barely get off the couch you think I'm gonna be like O I'm pregnant, lets run a marathon!) Other then that pretty much life as normal unless you have complictions and stuff.
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 11:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2009