How to wean my girl off breastmilk she is 18 mths & drinks instead of eating....... lazy eater

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you want to lead the weaning, drop one nursing session per week. Replace however you like. DON"T PUSH the solids. She'll eat more when she wants it; you pushing will merely turn mealtimes into battles, and can lead to eating disorders. Be indifferent if she refuses, enthusiastic if she takes the food. Offer, but don't sweat it. Toddlers live on air and the occasional chicken nugget anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My daughter is 18 months old and she brestfeeds before her nap and bed time... and sometimes if she is super fussy, but other than that I just won't give it to her. I'll try to give her food, or something to drink. If she doesn't take it than she must not be that hungry otherwise she would eat. It just kind of tryint to take it away slowly.. just try to replace a nursing time with a snack time or something! Good luck!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2009