I wanted to know for those of you moms that work from home, and if you are required to have a landline phone is magic jack one or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• most likely it would be a landline but you could be a email representive if you want more info email me and i can give it thank you
    moon980

Answer by moon980 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't think so. The possibility of someone being able to hack into your connection is probably pretty high. That is what most work from home employers are concerned about. They have to keep their clients privacy.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I work from home. We don't have a landline; I use my cell phone.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I work from home and do have a land line, however I strictly use my cell phone for my business.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I used to work from home with a home business. Some of the ladies used magic jack. It seemed to work fine for them. I had my cable, internet and phone bundled, so my home phone had unlimited US, Canada and PR calls. No way I would have paid for a plan with the amount of minutes needed on my cell phone. Even with the $99 for unlimited they do now.
    If you are doing some sort of home job, not biz, you may want to ask your employer if they are OK with magic jack, if you are doing a home biz, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Jessie.Rayot

Answer by Jessie.Rayot at 7:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I work from home; I use VOIP by AT & T- it's similar to majik jack. Before deciding which provider you are going to get service through, be sure do compare their service ratings.
    TheGo2Mom

Answer by TheGo2Mom at 8:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have a home office, I also use a majicjack, I love it! it sends me emails on my cell if I've missed a call, I can listen to that message as well. You do need a good internet connection- it hooks up to your usb port. I highly recommend it!
    StefanieLagana

Answer by StefanieLagana at 8:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I work from home and my boss requires me to have a landline phone. I have a 'bundle' deal with my cable company for phone, internet and cable--- so I do not have magicjack.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• That would be a call for your employer if they would consider magic jack a landline.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Most of my calls were lost with MJ and I wasnt able to get into my confrence falls or 3 way. I sent it back within 2 days.
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2009