I feel like such a bitch - I made an assumption about DH... OMG it broke my heart?

I assumed that since DH was a long time bachelor that he has had a lot of lovers. I was married to the same man for 20 years. Anyhow, in my assumption, I got mad at DH for being so inhibited in the bedroom , because as I put it (GAWD I'M A DUMB ASS) I said to him " I KNOW you've been with lots of women, I mean you were a life-long bachelor, so why are you so inhibited with me". While I'm busy being mad at him and accusing him of rejecting me - he FINALLY tells me that I'm only the 4th woman he's EVER been with.
OMG. No wonder. He's not inhibited, he inexperienced!!!
Okay, I breath a sigh of relief , he's totally teachable right.
But I feel like such a bitch for having thought so badly of him. How in the hell am I gonna help him recover the ego that I must have killed tonight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• We all have our foot in mouth moments.
    Just apologize, say that you assumed when you completely shouldn't have, and ask him then. "How can I make it up to you?"
    I'm sure that it isn't the first time something's been assumed upon him, it's life, people make assumptions sometimes, albeit rashly. He'll forgive you.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• How times have changed! In my day, we married knowing there had never been anyone but the two of us, and the experience was gained together and what fun that is. We had no one else with which to compare one another, and every day was a new and thrilling adventure. It still is in my case and we are coming up on our 45th wedding anniversary. No wonder your husband is inhibited. Most men I know of my generation would be devastated to know that they are being compared to some other man or worse yet, a whole bunch of men. I'm just thinking of how I would feel if I knew that my husband was continually evaluating my performance in the light of his harem.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• he should be glad that you think so highly of him & thought that women were crawling all over him & that he was such a stud back in the day.

Funny though, my SO has been w/ a lot of partners & can still be inhibited in the bedroom. I think he was used to the women doing all the work....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2009