Have you watched this video?

Pay really close attention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKK2QwgwT3E

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope, I can't you tube on this computer. Care to share what it is about?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Some of the Tamiflu vaccines for children "have passed the expiration date, but the FDA has extended that expiration date". Um, how is that safe? All of a sudden they've "carefully examined and tested" these expired vaccines and deem them safe?

I'm listening to it. Poster, I'd appreciate it if you would point out exactly what you'd like us to be alerted to?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Two patients in the Netherlands had a "mutating strain"' of H1N1 - but in the US no mutation has been seen in the strain seen here.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Seems they are saying that they have no clue at this point why some people can have H1N1 and stay home, be treated at home without any additional medications while some "seemingly healthy" people, like children and pregnant women die. People with egg allergies cannot (or should not take it) , not recommended for children under 2 YO, they are not aware of anyone contracting H1N1 after the shot has been given (8-10 days after) - Tamiflu resistance is a possibility. They are beginning to see orders for the vaccine early, and they are starting slow. Every Friday they will update how much vaccine was available for ordering and how much was shipped out, pregnancy statistics are "striking" - "docs have never seen this kind of thing before" (indicating they are seeing much more cases in pregnant women than they expected). 1/3 of the fatal cases had a bacterial infection or underlying condition.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Don't be surprised to start seeing health care workers wearing respirators. Okay, I finished it and, lord help me, I tried to type in all the answers she gave. I didn't hear anything particularly MORE alarming than I have already heard or suspected. (EXCEPT for the possibility of a "Mutating strain") But she did assure that we have not seen any mutating strains here - and I'll add the word "yet".

Does that about cover it poster? Please update if there is something I missed. Since you threw it out and didn't offer to help my friend who can't Youtube on her computer.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My 10 year old has the swine flu. He has been sick since Friday. His pediatrician would not give Tamiflu. He said there are adverse side effects and the CDC has recommended giving only to hospitalized children. If I had known this I wouldn't have paid $25 for the office visit. I know what to do for the flu!

For those that are interested....
    My son had vomitting and light diarrhea for about 48 hours.
    He has had an ongoing fever ranging from 101 to 104 degrees. When it was at 104 it was very hard to bring down. We almost had to make a trip to the ER. I would suggest treating the fever aggressively. I used the piggyback method for Motrin and Tylenol.
    A lot of body aches, headache and a runny nose are also part of it.
    It is yucky, but it is the flu. He is doing much better this morning. He had no fever for the first time.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Tamiflu is a drug, not a vaccine. All drugs have a pedigree. That means anyone that sells legitimate drugs knows when and where they were made, how they were transported, how they have been stored (temperature, light, moisture), etc. A pharmacist must have a drug pedigree from the wholesaler before they can sell the drugs to the public. The expiration date on the drug comes long before the efficacy and safety of a drug has waned. In cases of public emergency - hurricane, outbreak, what have you - the government will allow drugs to be re-dated and used. They are tested for effectiveness and safety beyond the expiration date in the initial testing process, and can only be used in cases where it is deemed necessary for public safety.

The H1N1 vaccine is something different than Tamiflu. It was just manufactured. It is highly unlikely it has expired.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Thanks PaceMyself and yourspecial. Since reading all of the posts, I don't know what the OP is wanting to know about. Maybe she will come back sometime and let everyone know.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009