Did you tell certain friends and/or family when you got a positive pregnancy test or did you wait until you saw a doctor?

I have told some friends and family. A part of me wishes I had not because you never know what can happen in the meantime. On the other hand I am pretty sure that I am and it's nice to get support.

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pfft, I couldn't contain it with both my pregnancies.
    Only the very select really found out ASAP.
    My best friend, DH's parents, my parents... and of course DH. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It is very hard to keep it to myself
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My parents my sister and brother his parents, my best friend and thats about it. I waited until 10 weeks to tell everyone else...
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It is! lol.
    With my firstborn, however, I was extremely confused, terrified, and muted excitement. I was told by several docs that i couldn't get pregnant, and then the positive I got on my test was confusing. We ended up going to the ER. Once it was confirmed though.. it was on.
    With this pregnancy, as soon as I saw the 2 pink lines, I squealed with glee and called my DH AT his work, while texting my best friend. lol.
    It is extremely hard to contain it, but I can completely understand your reservations. It's awesome to have that support.
    I'm positive that you are and...CONGRATS!!! :D
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Only my mom and bestfriends know
    and well yes my hubby to he was with me lol

were not telling his fam until im like 10 weeks
    and the rest of my fam has to wait until i show up on xmas in a maternity shirt!
    :)
    Tracey1988

Answer by Tracey1988 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• cute idea with the shirt! love it
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 3:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Aww, that one is a cute one~
    I told Great-Grandpa by giving him a bday card with a sonogram in it. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i waited until after i seen the doctor i didnt want to get anyones hopes up
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 4:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I cleaned up my test and gift wrapped it, brought it to hubby's work and let him open it. He ran back inside and showed EVERYONE! LOL Then when we got home we called my parents and we told our neighbor when she came by a while later wanting me to come over for tea (she was a much older lady and loved having me over for tea LOL) So the answer is yes, we told everyone. I knew I was pregnant since I was having symptoms so there was no reason not to tell. If i miscarried it would have been terrible but that can happen at anytime in the pregnancy whether you have had your first DR apt or not.

Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 5:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I told a few people before going to the doctor. I was certain the test was right and didn't feel the need to go to the doctor. I only went because my fiance thought we couldn't be sure without the doctor confirming it. I guess after 10 years of false pregnancy tests and only one positive one, I felt pretty dang sure ;).
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 6:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2009