peeling skin

my baby is a wk old and his skin peeling off a lot; ive been puttin cream on for like once a day. wat should i do..and is it okay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's totally normal. My son did this too. Don't pull at it, just leave it alone and it'll take care of itself. You can put the lotion on because that certainly won't hurt anything, but it's not necessary either. My son's hands and feet were all peely when he was about a week old.

If you are really worried and you need piece of mind, just call the doc and he'll tell you not to worry. I know how everything seems so scary when they are so little :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Take him to the doctor. I don't want to fill your head up with what if's because it is most likely just dry skin. But, because he is so young, take him in.
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It's it pretty common. And your doing the right thing by just using lotions. My son was overdue by 2weeks and his peeled really bad and i was told it was normal. But if this is your frist and you would feel better talking to some one, try calling your doctors office and talking to his nurse. She can tell you if you need to bring your baby in or not. I myself would do this before taken a newborn out to the doctors office ( with other sick children there) Good luck with your new baby.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 3:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2009