Diapers or potty training?

My little Angel is about to be 1 in November. And she is already in a Size 6 diaper. Now I know most diapers dont go past this size so what do i do when diapers dont fit anymore? And when should i start potty training her??? Is 1 year old to soon?
PLEASE HELP

hthomas11388

Asked by hthomas11388 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think 1 is a bit to young to try potty training. Im writing from new zealand, and we have nappies that can fit 2 year olds. Im sure in the states they should have larger nappies. At one its still a bit iffy for them to understand and know when they need to use the potty. There is a great book from gina ford on potty training, perhaps you can see if it is available at your library. It should be able to give you a few ideas on how to start. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My firstborn was big like that! I started potty training him at 1 and my daughter at 9 months! It takes a little more work and more time, but you can start now. Go for it!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yeah, I agree with both of the pp. There should be something to fit her somewhere.
    I started potty training my dd at 9 months and she was doing so good until we had to move halfway around the world and I didn't have the time to take her etc so she was back in diapers. I started again at 1 1/2 and she was completely potty trained 2 months before her 2nd bday. It is possible but you need to watch for signs if she's ready or not. If she's not then it'll be like fighting an uphill battle.
    Good luck!
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 7:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2009