ok is it me or does my son not feel pain?

my son is always scratching at his head and face and he has exsama but i do put medication on it constinly and he still digs at his head and face until it bleeds...i have tried mittens and when he wheres the mittens he gets burns from rubbing it like it doesnt hurt him to do it...any ideas what it could be?

firstimemomm603

Asked by firstimemomm603 at 5:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It probably does hurt... it's just the urge to itch overpowers it. Can the doc give you anything better to put on it so it won't itch so badly? Poor widdle guy :(

Good luck with it
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My little guy has this on his head and itches it.My mom told me to put some Skin So Soft in the water and boy has this helped!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My husband has excema really bad and he continually scratches it, to the point it bleeds. i asked him if it hurts when he does that and he says that it does but it makes the itch go away and the pain only last a little bit. So maybe that's why your son does it. :) he knows the itch will go away and the pain will eventually go away. Again I'm comparing a 21 year old to a baby, but it is a thought
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My oldest son doesn't feel pain like a normal child but I think that's due to autism. I would recommend seeing an allergist and get some more effective medicine for his excema.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 9:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I say the itching overides the pain. I would get some organic unrefined cocunut oil and put it on the areas. I would also add probiotics in the formula-you are FF? If not I would put the breastmilk on the areas and put probiotics on yoru nipple.

i would NOT use anything that was not organic. Creams like J&J will iratate the skin.

Here is a site that might help..

http://www.ehow.com/way_5406622_holistic-cure-eczema.html
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It's normal, mine would scratch themselves raw if they could reach it. 3 out of the 4 of my children have had eczema since they were born. If he gets it really bad on his head in his hair you can wash his hair with head and shoulders and it works wonders (weird but works). If Eucerin or what ever your doc' told you to put on your child (just don't put vaseline) doesn't work, and the eczema looks like it's getting infected or worse I would ask your doctor for Elidel, they hate giving it to children but I had two children with severe eczema that did cause issues.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• awsome thanks for all the answers.... i have asked the doctor about head and shoulders they told me not to use it bc it is medicated. and he has sensitive skin and allergic to fragrance but going to go to the doctor again
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2009