Do you crochet? I decided I am going to learn today and can't wait to sneak to the store to grab me a few needles.

Which do you use most often?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 5:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am sure you know this and I am obnoxious, but in crochet you only need one needle. They come in different sizes but that's for different sized loops. I would begin with a medium sized one. Don't go for the giant one because those can actually be harder to use. It also depends on the size yard you are using. Talk to someone in the store - and I also recommend only buying one needle until you know how to do it, then you can buy others as you go.

Good luck! It's a lot of fun and a great hobby for cozy weather! I love making blankets and covering my legs with them as I work :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• CHECK THIS OUT!! Knifty Knitter! Round loom series-it is great! It comes with all different sizes of looms and a big needle. You rap the yard around each peg then take the big needle and bring the back one over the first one and theres one round of a boggin or scarf! That easy, all most like making pot holders (REMEMBER) It takes 4 hours to make a boggin. U can mix colors to make stripes and put long plated things on ends or puffs. Put sequins or buttons on them. The best and cheapest ,fastest way is to buy velour and sew matching scarfs and cut and fringe! One year i crochet 8 scarfs, it took months and i had very bad hurting hands.Did't seem anybody appreciated them at all and all the work i did! Pearls to swine!Crocheing one end of pretty kitchen towels and antique buttons to loop and button is cute and can hang on cabinet drawers! Good Luck and start now for Christmas!One idea is buy fake fur for scarfs sew fringe on end!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I both crochet and knit. Crochet is with hooks, and you only need one. Knitting is done with 2 needles. Both are fun to do.
    I just recently finished a crocheted blanket for my 6yo daughter. She drags it ever where now. I have like a dozen projects going right now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I haven't crocheted in years because my eyesight has gone downhill and I can't read the patterns anymore. I only crocheted the doilies made from the crochet thread, though. I never did anything with yarn.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2009