Frustrated!!!! kinda long

Me and Hubby have been trying for a little over a year to get pregnant. My periods are irregular and that is why I was on birthcontrol. I went to the doctors in Sept and she wants me to start taking clomid. The only problem is you have to get your period first! The last time I had my period was Aug 26th. I have taken 2 HPT and they have come back negative. What do I do?

AJsmom2005

Asked by AJsmom2005 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Be patient. I know it is hard to hear, and after trying so long I know your patience are wearing thin. Just try and relax. Sometimes we over stress our bodies and they tend to rebel. Try to do one thing every day to relax, read a book, take a hot bath. The less you think about it and worry the more likely you are that your body will begin to cooperate. Good Luck.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i agree with above. i stressed so bad i didnt have a period for two months! try finding something that relaxes you, hot baths, reading books, something that helps you calm down. good luck momma!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I am in the same boat.. my OBGYN put me on Prometrium to get a preiod, WHICH WORKS... and then i was put on clomid.. IM on DAY 26!!! THis is my first time on CLOMID but I hope it worked first time around.. GOOD LUCK.
    Stefanie1115

Answer by Stefanie1115 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• provera- ask your doc for a prescription
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I had irregular periods too, I had to take provera to get my period. I took 1 pill a day for 10 days, on the 10th day I got my period. The next month no period and neg. hpt, I took provera again, after 10 pills I still got no period, the docs office said it could take up to 2wks, I waited, 2wks later I got my BFP!! Good luck and Baby dust!!
    daralynn

Answer by daralynn at 1:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• well ladies aunt flo finally came to visit. I start clomid on Saturday. I also have to get blood work done and they are going to do a procedure where they put dye in my tubes to see if I am clogged. Hopefully this works or I am going to go crazy.
    AJsmom2005

Answer by AJsmom2005 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009