Ever hear of a jaw socket swelling up while pregnant?

The right side of my jaw just started swelling last night and now the swelling is as big as a fig or a small plum. It's painful to eat and eating makes the swelling bigger. The uncomfort has kept me up all night. I'm 38 weeks pregnant. Do you think this is a symptom of pregnancy or something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No I would say this is an infection, and should be treated by a doctor. Hormones during pregnancy really affect the teeth. Go it it checked out. Sounds like an abcessed tooth to me. You want to be healthy when the little one is born and not being in pain. Good Luck and Congrats on the upcoming event in 2 weeks!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 7:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2009