NIGHTLIGHTS? Its for me... don't pick on me lol

Im scared of the dark... yes I admit it. Im also afraid of the quiet. I am sooo lame. I sleep with the tv on, which we all know is bad for sleeping habits and DH hates it. When I was visiting DHs grandmother though she leaves classical music playing on her outside speakers (it keeps the deer out of her apple trees) which you can hear in the living room where I slept. She also has a night light lamp on her window sill that keeps the room just barely lit. I slept great, wasnt scared or anything! I felt great! I told her that and she said I should do the same at home. I told her I dont have a stereo to use in my room, the only radio I have is a boom box that I got at the dollar store and it is useless, nothing comes in on the radio and it skips our cds. This was back in july! MIL came home from a visit to her and came back with a BRAND NEW stereo from gram to us. I was so excited.

Now, I need a nightlight. Reccomendations?

MarchMarie

Asked by MarchMarie at 7:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter has a night light in her room that shines in our hallway and when she is not there I still turn on her night light.I also run a fan constantly in my room to drown out noises just enough-I can still hear the kids getting up so I can help them.You are not alone on this one and hey what ever works to get some sleep DO IT!
    shannon2206

Answer by shannon2206 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have a nightlight for my son that we never use anymore because it was SOO bright that he couldnt sleep. I do believe the night lights are in the hardware section. check there
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have one that looks kind of like a lava lamp, it's really cool. It was given to me as kind of a gag gift at Christmas, but then I broke my ankle, and I needed something to see by when I had to get up on my crutches in the middle of the night or first thing in the AM when it was still dark, and it came in very handy. Enough light to see clearly by, but still somehow dim enough to not be disturbed when I was sleeping. I think my mom got it at the grocery store, at ours it's on the aisle with light bulbs, batteries and car air fresheners.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I keep a regular nightlight on in my master bathroom so my bedroom is just ever so slightly lit at night. I can't stand waking up in the middle of the night, opening my eyes, and not being able to see. It freaks me out, like I've gone blind or something. Also, I get up to use the bathroom a couple of times during the night, so the nightlight keeps me from running into the furniture as I'm making my way to the bathroom. Nothing wrong with it. My husband doesn't mind it either, as long as it's in the bathroom and not the bedroom, where it's too bright for his taste.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Check out places like Target and the hardware store. There are a lot of different styles for the amount of light that you prefer. Anything that has a clear bulb will be brighter than one with a colored bulb or a darkened bulb. My Grandparents used to have these night lights in their hall way that had a very gentle blue glow to them. Go ahead and experiment with what amount of light works for both you and your husband. It may cost a few bucks to go through three or four night lights, but you can't put a price on a good night's sleep!!

Glad you found something that works so well for you!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Don't feel bad, I use a nightlight because when I wake up at night I hate to turn on the overhead light to find my way to the bathroom. Besides that thing is so bright that I can't sleep either, plus our two cats are getting old and their ability to see at night is getting bad.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Get one of the ones where you put oil in the top to make a room smell good. You can adjust how bright it is, using the dimmer on it. I used it in my dd's room forever before the light blew.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I like soft glows in my room, but not directly in my room. I found an awesome nightlight that is actually a clock and the face has a blue glow to it. I plugged it into our bathroom, which is off our bedroom, and the glow is enough for me to see by in the night to get to the bathroom without bumping into things.
    For downstairs, I prefer stronger nightlights and I just buy the old-fashioned plug-in kind where you flick the switch. I have to change the bulbs every couple of months, but they are cheap enough to buy and worth it to have good working nightlights. The one I have in the living room at the bottom of our stairway sends its light all the way up the stairs into the hall.
    Speaking of the upstairs hall. We don't have an outlet so I found a motion control nightlight to place on a small table I have there so when someone comes out of their room it turns on automatically.
    I get all mine at Walmart and Kmart.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2009