Toddlers...

What is the best route to train two toddlers (not related but firends/class mates) how not to fight... or compete constantly?!?! Need answers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OH MY GOD!

I am such a dimwit - I just read your question and didn't see the "not" part.

I thought you were asking how to make toddlers fight - like a dog fighting thing but with toddlers.

Sorry I don't have the answer - but I've gotta get my eyes checked, I thought you were a psycho there for a second! LOL!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• They will fight. There's not really much you can do... either their personalities clash, they want the same toy, or they just don't like each other. My son and his cousin LOVE each other, but they fight all the time! (My son is 2 1/2)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• One trick that has worked with my almost three year old twins is this:

If I can figure out who had a toy first I give it back to him and then say to them "when I say ding-ding-ding" it's his turn with the toy.

If I can't figure out who had it first, I let whomever has the toy to have a turn and do the same "ding-ding-ding" thing.

Specific praise when they are playing nicely will also go a long way.

When there's hitting, kicking, biting involved, that calls for a time out, preferably in another room. The time sitting for the offender will send the message plus the time apart will benefit both.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 11:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Ding Ding Ding may not be an appropriate noise for these two... lol...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I thought the same thing LovinMyMikayla! XD
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009