Why is my dd (6 yrs. old) not wanting to go to school?

I ask her if she is sick (no) I ask her is someone picking on her (no) I don't know what else to think other than she misses me I already let her take her favorite stuff animal in her backpack to school but she is only allowed to take a peek at it when she is feeling down. How can I get her back to her self like in the begining of school, what could have happened from then to now?

What would you do? Her dad already dealt with her so far so good : l

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You just keep taking her, dont' make an issue out of it. You take her to school, give her a kiss tell her you love her and leave. If things start getting really bad then you talk to her teacher
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• If she's not giving you any clues and is still not wanting to go I would schedule a conference to discuss it with the teacher, they may have an insight as to what's going on or offer you some tips! I wouldn't make a huge issue over it, every day get up and say it's going to be a great day at school with her. Hope it works out for you!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My 6 y/o doesn't want to either. We just go every day. She is having separation issues, though, and cries when I leave her. The teacher takes her into class and I leave and feel awful as I hear her crying, but it would be worse if I stayed. I called the counselor and we just came up with a plan together. Discuss it with her teacher or school counselor. Maybe they have more insight and ideas. Maybe the teacher is noticing something that your dd isn't telling you. Good luck!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2009