• In the Spotlight:

Someone explain to me about...

shoe sizing and clothing sizes for toddlers and kids? I'm lost...shoes go from a 1T-? then to a ? , a 13 is smaller than a 3? I don't get it.
Clothes go from a 1T-? then to a ? in kids sizes?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I just went through this with my dd (6 yrs. old) she was growing out of her shoes and was already starting to wear a sixe 13 after that it goes to size 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 (in a little girl size)

Now on toddler clothes it starts 1T to 5T then you start going into the bigger kids section.

You'd really have to eye ball it and compare to your kid's body to make sure it fits some clothes tend to run small or large depending on how it's made GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i'm not sure how old your child is but also keep in mind that if you have a daughter and she reaches a shoe size 5 in kids you can add 1 1/2 sizes to that (so ex. 6 1/2) and she can wear womens sizes. I sold boots for a year, and it was kinda crazy lol. With that being said if you wear a small enough size subtract 1 1/2 and you can wear that in chlidrens lol. idk who came up with all this mess, but is anything we live with easy????
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Shoes run from a size 1 for infants to a size 13 for grade schoolers. Then they start over at 1. A kid size 4 is equal to a woman's size 5-6 I think. I wear a 6 or 6 1/2 normally and can wear a kid's size 4.

Clothes start out at preemie and go up to 24 months in most cases. Some clothing companies make infant clothes up to 48 months.

I've actually never seen a 1T size. The ones I've seen start at 2T and go to 4T or 5T. After that they go to the little girls or boys section which start at size 4 in most cases.

For example... on childrensplace.com my daughter can wear both baby girls and big girls since she wears a size 4.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Shoes are a size 1-3 for infants usually, 4-13 for toddlers/preschoolers, then the numbers start over for bigger kids from 1-5 and then you are in adult sizes.
    Clothes start at infant levels (preemie, 0-3 months, etc up to 24 months) and then you move to toddler sizes (2T-4T/5T). 2T and 24 month sizes are basically the same. There might be slight differences in the room of the seat (allowing for diapers in a 24mo size) or in length (some 2Ts are slightly longer then their identical 24mo cousins). After that you move to kid sizes. Boys and girls sizing may be different. A girl's size 4 is usually the same as a 4T but cut slimmer and slightly longer, same with a 5.
    Kids come in all sizes so it's best to just try stuff on. My 3yo is wearing 4 slims and 4/5 shirts (from the girls dept) which is the same size her older sister wore at 5 and 6 years old. My son wore 3Ts at 18 months and was in 4/5 size pants at 2 1/2.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Clothing 1t-5t, then it starts again at 4-16, then into juniors for a girl or regular mens for a boy.
    With most kids clothing at least the toddler and 4-6x sizes their is often a height and weight given for the size as well. That's what I bought by.
    Shoes go from 0-13 then it's into mens or womens.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009