Can't make up my mind of what to do ????

soo were living in milwaukee and its a long story ... my family hates my boyfriend we have 2 kids and his family lives in delaware he wants me and the kids to leave and start a new live there in delaware ... my mom would kill me if i leave i already left once and i didn't feel right so i came running home ... but i think we need to be together and finaly get married .... im soo scared i have to chose between my mom or my boyfriend ...... don't kno what to do ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• You shouldn't have to choose. Your family should be there no matter what. Why don't they like him?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You didn't say how old you are hon. But here's my advice. You yourself have to make your own decision, not your family. You have to think about you. If you want to go to Deleware and give it a try, I'd suggest you do it, if you don't you may regret it. I would tell my family, look, I'm an adult and this is my choice. If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but I hope we can remain close.
    Kathy772

Answer by Kathy772 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Your parents should have no say on that. If they do, then they still have a lot of control over you. I would move to Delaware.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would try it out in his home town again. Obviosly your mom is making him feel uncomfortable. Maybe him folks will be more supportive of your family. You can always visit your fam.

You should have a converation with your mom. You & your bf have kids together, so you will be a part of eachothers lives forever. Even if your mom doesnt like him, she should at least show respect. there need to be peace. Maybe if you move, your mom will get a reality check of how much he means to you.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Y dont they like him? My parents are reasonable and fairly open minded I dont think I could be with someone they absolutely disapproved of cause I would probably bemaking a big mistake. Is your mom being unreasonable? does she see stuff that you are ignoring? is he safe? is he controlling? Deep down do you think your family is right but you arent ready to see it or make a change? I would think about those things..
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009