Does my baby's carseat need replaced?

we had a little bump yesterday. No big damage. I made a post about it and some people said I need to replace the seat. The one mom said that the seatbelt tightening could weaken the seat, but we use that latch system. Do we still need a new one?

here is my post if you want to catch up, and know what I'm talking about.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/9986423/He_hit_a_freakin_BMW_and_now_he_knows_why_we_ERF_My_reaction_was_a_little_adult_and_somewhat_over_ki

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• With it being the latch system and just a minor fender bender, I would say you should be fine.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would thoroughly check the car seat out to make sure it does not have any damage to it. Although, I would personally replace it to be on the safe side. Even with the latch system, the car seat still took the brunt of the force.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I agree with pp. Y'all should be fine.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I think its fine. Check it to make sure but if the seat isnt messed up. But if its not messed up then why replace it? Im glad that everyone was ok.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It still needs to be replaced, no matter which system you used to install it. There can be unseen damage to the seat that will cause it to fail should you get into another accident. Call your insurance company, they should reimburse you for a new seat.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2009