No more shots

I have given my daughter shots shes up to date shes 16 months. I have never felt comfotable with it but felt pressuered. But for religous reason I feel convicted to stop.. I feel life and death is in the hands of God and i dont think we should fight it or inject our bodies with medicine. I know many wont agree and i dont want to here bashing. I want to know how to tell my doctor and I heard there is a sheet I will need to sign?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• You just ask for a religious exemption.

Honestly though, have you thought this through (not just immunizations) but if that is your belief, are you going to stop strapping in in the car? Are you going to stop holding your kids hands in the parking lot? There are alot of ways we are cautious and prevent bad things from happening and this is only one of them. Really think it through logically.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• yes i have and holding hands and putting on saftey belts is not the same as putting something into our body... its been 16 months of me thinking and praying. i wouldnt just do this just to do it i feel conficted about this. but thank you for being kind about your concerns.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• That's fine, I really am not trying to make you change your mind, just wanted to make sure you had thought it through.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Wow. I really hope your child doesn't ever become diabetic or any other number of conditions that require daily meds. If she was food allergic, I guess you'd just watch her die rather than give her a lifesaving epipen. You DO realize that parents have been convicted for medical neglect for withholding life-saving medications from their children, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• So if your child gets a cold you're just going to let them suffer? If she chokes are you just going to let her die because "life and death are in God's hands"?

Ultimately life and death are in Gods hands but He has also made us stewards or caretakers of the people and things he has given us. This means we should care for them in the best way possible.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Just a heads up, if the worst should happen and you didn't take care of her medically, you could be charged with child neglect. Or even murder for not take care of your child medically if she should die from a heath condition, virus, or disease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• So if your child gets a cold you're just going to let them suffer? I never give my kid medicine for colds. We use natural remedies for the symptoms. We don't vaccinate either. My kids rarely get sick only been to a doctor for physicals. God made our bodies in a perfect way and if allowed to develop on its own our bodies will fight infection with out the poisonous chemicals in vaccinations. Just because a mom is not willing to pump her kid full of chemicals does not mean she would not care for her sick child.

I personally think it is irresponsible to give a child 36 vaccinations, junk food, soda, candy, cookies and other processed crap. Those kids are far more at risk than my organically fed unvaccinated child. To each their own.

OP to answer you question you just need to fill out a religious waiver at the school. Your doctor doesn't have to do anything. I cited Hippa laws and the school accepted that too.
    Anonymous