• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone ever had a milk blister?

I have pain like I have one but dont see one does anyone know what it could be? I was taking antibiotics but I took nystatin and used nystatin cream so I am nervous wondering what this could be. When I nurse it feels like razor blades.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Those hurt like a bitch!! I got them when I was nursing. Make sure your little one is latched on correctly. If you feel the pain, unlatch and try again. I dont think there is anything that will relieve of heal it exept for time. Landolin cream might help minimally. It is caused from the baby's sucking.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Nystatin I am assuming one and now both of you have thrush? It sounds like thrush. Here is a link to links on what it is and how to treat it. Remember that everything that comes in contact with your nipples and baby's mouth must be boiled or treated. Good Luck! http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/thrush-resources.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2009