Yeast infection?

So, i'm in my late 30s and never had a yeast infection. But I think I may have one now. I always thought it would be on the inside, but this hurts/itches on the outside - feels very irritated when I wipe after peeing. What/where is a yeast infection supposed to feel like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Health

• just what you have said...itching burning, you may notice a clumpy discharge...it may even smell different than normal...but if it smells fishy, it is more likely a bacterial infection...

You can test for a yeast infection yourself...they have kits at walmart...you can treat it yourself with the 1 day insert.

You cannot test for a bacterial infection and need a perscription for antibiotics to treat it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Sounds like you have the start of one, they sell a test kit in the drugstore that will tell you if it is yeast or something more serious, I used the 3-day dose rather than the one time, because I feel it works better, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I had my first a few weeks ago and it was awful.Exactly like you described.I first noticed during sex when it burned and then the next day I was sore itching and swollen a little.I bought the equate brand 3day insert and used the cream it worked great
    Anonymous