WIC?

Does WIC take into consideration child support when they figure out if you are able to get WIC..? My husband is the only one who works and we have two kids...he pays almost 300 a week on 2 other kids that dont live with us...

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 10:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I really don't think so, you would have to call the 1-800- number to find out. I had it years ago, and I don't remember them asking all of that. Just your income.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I know that they didn't take the child support that my husband received into consideration. However, I am not sure. The income guidelines are actually quite high for WIC though.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You really should call them. I know they are very strict with somethings while they don't care about other things! I think the WIC offices here should be a little more strict! That is because of someone I know doesn't need wic but gets it. Her husband makes a 6 figure salary without lifting a finger! (Family business) Yet she has to work at a store!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2009