my daughters vagina has a little hole that wasnt there before why is this

im abit worries as the other part still looks sealed. is this normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would bring it up with your doctor as most of us will not be able to answer without actually seeing
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You want it to be open all the way. It sounds like she could have labial adhesions, which is when the skin around the vagina closes and sticks together, and if you don't do anything about it, the skin could grow together and create major problems. When my daughter had this, her pedi said to put some A&D ointment on a Q-tip and gently rub it up and down along where the vaginal opening should be but where it was then adhered together, applying gentle pressure, and to do that 2-3 times a day until it was completely open again. It took about a week for us.

If that is what's going on with your daughter, then an "extra" hole is a good thing; it means the skin is separating like you want it to.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Her vagina isn't supposed to be "sealed" in the sense that it's all closed up, if it looked like that before, then it was probably just because of the whole chubby baby fat legs and stuff.

HOWEVER - since I obviously can't see what it looks like to know that it is just the normal vaginal opening (which is going to be pretty small, because it's "baby sized") I would strongly strongly strongly suggest you call your Dr and tell them that you have a concern about your daughter's genitalia and would like to have her seen to make sure everything is ok.

They should be able to examine her and answer any questions you have.

Good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Sorry - I didn't even think of it being a labial adhesion - that's a very good point DragonRider!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2009