feedback on Mirena...

I am considering using Mirena as my contraceptive after my son is born. I would like to hear back from women who have used or are using Mirena. Would you recommend it? Has it ever fallen out? Is it hard to check the strings? Have you noticed an increase/decrease in your sex drive?

sarahgibbs

Asked by sarahgibbs at 10:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Health

• Used it until my hystorecomy. LOVED IT! Didn't hurt, fall out or cause any discomfort. In general and during sex. Very easy to check the strings, and had complete peace of mind that I wouldn't get pregnant. I didn't notice any change in sex drive-I didn't really have one with being so tired from the kids! LOL!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I just got mine taken out. It moved into my uterin muscle. I couldnt find the string. It is very important to check for it once a month. Other than that, all my friends who have it, like it.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• thank you ladies :)
    sarahgibbs

Answer by sarahgibbs at 9:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have had it over a year...Initially I did not like it because I had constant cramping and spotting for 6 weeks. It was horrible but more annoying! AFter that it was fine though! My sex drive is the smae so no issues there! It is hard for me to check the strings because of the way my uterus is. I love it...SO is getting a vasectomy so after all that I will probably remove it but it is much nicer than BC pills!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2009