Easy pregnancy=Easy delivery?

Gosh I hope so! My first pregnancy was awful, my blood pressure sky rocketed and she had to come 2 weeks early because of it. The delivery itself went ok but we were both hospitalized for 5 days after from both of us having problems. The second time my bp was great, but every week they seemed to find a new problem with my unborn, threatening my own sanity, and she turned out 100% healthy anyway! Unfortunately her birth wound up in an unplanned c-section! Now I'm 25 weeks, and passing everything with flying colors. Great bp, actually low sometimes, no probs with baby or anything, and having a planned c-section. I just hope that this means the c-section will be as easy as the pregnancy has been so far!

Did that theory work for you, or opposite?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think they really correlate like that, every pregnancy and delivery is unique. But hoping that this delivery goes well for you all the same!!
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It was the opposite for me. My first pregnancy was a nightmare, very,very severe HG, then she was overdue and her delivery was a relief. Also no complications, 12 hours of medicication-free labor, except for the pitocin to start labor, a healthy perfect baby at the end.
    On the other hand my second pregnancy was wonderful, no complications. It was a wonderful happy time of expectation, SO much better than the first pregnancy. Just what a perfect pregnancy should be. At the end after 36 hours of non-productive labor they put me on the monitors, found his heart rate was dropping with each contraction and not rising between, so they did an emergency c-section. So, it was bad pregnancy=good delivery and good pregnancy=bad delivery in my case. I decided to quit while I was ahead, with two healthy children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I don't think they really correlate that way... which doesn't mean you won't have an easy delivery, just that thre really isn't any correlation. My middle child was a very complicated pregnancy (high risk and bed rest due to placental abruption) but a very easy delivery. HTH- good luck with your delivery!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• 1st pregnancy by the time my emergency section made I was 18 days past due. Plug came out Friday morning labor started that night uneven contractions til Monday, 2 hours pushing no progress and then sectioned he was not moving at all down. Fever and infection in me caused hospitalized for 10 days. I was wiped out for months from that. Then my husband was Army and started various tdy's for next year day after I came from from 10 days in hospital post delivery.

My 2nd baby & 3rd bcz of 1st experience were both scheduled sections. 2nd baby had a fever herself and couldn't leave until it was gone, 3rd baby was also scheduled section cause of that first delivery experience, that doctor also didn't want chance delivery infection again. 3rd baby became jaundiced in hospital and had to be monitored extra couple of days.

I felt fine in pregnancies babies ok even w/ other health worries, felt great 3 pregnancies great bad deliv.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• well i definitely think a planned c-section will be smoother than an unplanned one!

have you considered VBAC though. even though then you have the risk of another unplanned c-section, you have a good chance at successful VBAC which would be less risky and have a much better recovery! good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2009