Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type of paint should I use on my kitchen cabinets? And do i also use a glaze?

Semi-Gloss , Flat, satin.. i dunno what is best.. also what is the deal with glaze? and is it clear or colored?


Asked by emturner at 11:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 3 (15 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • First of all you have to strip them, or they will chip. Home Depot has a great section that gives the play by play on how to do this. If you want to glaze them at the end they will clean up better and not chip as much, use a clear glaze and I would do 2 coats. Just so you know this is not an afternoon job, it took me 2 days to strip and sand the cabinets and allow them to dry, then another to paint, and another to glaze----long job, but worth it. If you have some extra money rather than time check out Craig's list for a handyman to give you a bid some people are working pretty cheap these days, I wish I would have done that instead of spending 4 days up to my eyeballs in mess!

    Answer by kimigogo at 11:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2009