what to do when my 13 year old is acting up?

help. my daughter is acting up in school. i been thinking of sending her to another school but the school that she is at right now is close to my work and close to home. anu suggesting?
sandra

sandra121319

Asked by sandra121319 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I have taken the day off work before and went to sit class all day with my DS to see what is going on. Good Luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Make sure there are consequences for her behavior at school. If they aren't doing anything about it other than telling you about it ask them what they can do to help you out or what they can suggest for you to do about it. If the teachers know you are serious about getting her to straighten up, then they may be more willing to help you - they deal with a lot of parents who do not want their kids to suffer any consequences no matter how rotten they are acting, and those parents often make the teacher's just as miserable as their children. I would suggest calling the school counselor and asking her to set up a meeting for you with all of your daughter's teachers, and then go in with an open mind and an attitude of "I'll do whatever it takes". The counselor might also meet with your daughter and try to find out what is going on. GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would set up meetings with each of her teachers and her and see what is said and try to see if you can get to the bottom of stuff.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I had a teacher say my kid had lots of issues in her class. come to find out my daughter tested out at a 9th and 10th grade level (she's a 7th grader) and the teacher expected sooo much more from here then others. When i told my daughter her testing levels and explained why her teacher had issues with her she really perked up and i havent heard a gripe from either of them so far!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Does she have a phone? take it away? take away TV and computer time. Give her extra chores, and make her do them correctly. (My Sil doesn't make her kids to chores, b/c "they don't always do them right".) I don't recommend sending her to another school. You could do the whole sit in class with her all day thing, but idk how that hould help for more than a day.
    Make a chart for her to bring to all of her teachers and make a space for them to sign all work completed on time, used time wisely, make her give it to all her teachers every day and if you don't lke the results, Bathroom duty for a week, wash out all trash cans. etc.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 5:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I too have taken off work and followed my daughter around school. I even sat with her at lunch. She did not like that too much. Then I took it out on her allowance the amount of money I would have made while at work. I told her if she was going to act like she couldn't control herself I would quit my job and follow her around every day if I had to. She didn't like that either. I also show up on a whim at her school and stand in the back of the classroom and I speak with the teacher afterwards. So far so good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• set up meetings with teachers,also talk to your daughter see whats going on with her..maybe its something inside thats bothering her,also I would take away privileges computer,phone ect
    cplayboyblonde

Answer by cplayboyblonde at 10:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2009