Normal after a tubal? (TMI)

I had a tubal ligation yesterday morning and I haven't had any bleeding. Also it takes me at least 10 mins just to pee. It took me just over a half hour early this morning just to use the bathroom. I am extremely uncomfortable. Only one of my incisions really hurt. Is this all normal or should I be concerned and call my Dr.?

rugratsmommy4

Asked by rugratsmommy4 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Health

• I had my tubal right after a C-section. For me, I had bleeding, but it was part of post pregnancy effects. As for peeing, it did take me a bit to pee for about 2 weeks. The doctor told me that if my incision hurts, to call him. It is normal to have some pain, but any redness or swelling, or if it feels hot at the incision site, that's not normal. Give your doctor a call just to be on the safe side. Also, I know it might sound gross, but putting a plastic cover over the incision site and standing in the warm shower helped me pee.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2009