A crystal child? Someone who believes in this preferably with a thoughtful answer.

I'm asking this anon because I don't want to broadcast to the world that my son is being tested for autism. My child is a late talker who the school believes is autistic because of fleeting eye contact and "hand flapping" which I have personally never seen. My son has large eyes and is very affectionate. I don't know that I believe in this or not, but my son has no problem with other kids touching him and will make eye contact if the topic is something that interests him. He will not cooperate with just anyone, he has to feel that they believe in him and his ability. I'm okay with having a child with special needs, but I don't want him to have to live with a false label and live with people treating him differently. Could it be possible that he's just more spiritually advanced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP, your son sounds a lot like mine...we are also waiting for him to be tested for autism. I have heard of the crystal children too. But regardless of labels and such, I really do believe our children are special and that they are gifts. With that, I know the confusion and pain you must be feeling at the thought of how your son may be treated differently. I'd like to tell you a story about my son's birth that connects to this, but I won't do it here. You can PM me if you'd like to hear it.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• In one word, YES. The significant rise in Autism is to some, a direct correlation to the rise of Crystal and Indigo children who are ushering in a new wave of spiritual being.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I just want to know why you are so worried about posting anon so everyone won't know your son is being tested for autism... Are you ashamed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• OP here. That's a rude question. I like to keep my personal life private. I am in no way ashamed and I asked for a thoughtful response.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have to agree with IhartU. Yes, my oldest is similar sounding to your son and we know he is very much a spiritually special child.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• what is a crystal child? please explain I am very curious
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Though my son is Autistic, I believe he is an Indigo child. But I agree with 10:28, the way you posed your question seems like you are ashamed, or something in that area. I am not trying to be rude, just calling it like I see it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• http://www.mastersinstitute.org/indigo.html this explains both Indigo and Crystal children.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• OK, Whether or not she is posting about this anon is not the issue, and not her question. She explained why, why can't you just leave that much alone?

OP- I am sorry for the rude responses. I agree very much with IhartU. It sounds like he is far more in tune.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• According to one of my best friends my kids are on the cusp between indigo and crystal. I'm not sure I believe in the whole idea of it, but I do think it puts apositive spin on the autism diagnosis my three boys all have. False label or not the services for children with the diagnosis are worth it. Whatever it takes to get them the help they need is fine by me. They do have those moments that make you wonder if maybe, just maybe they are more spiritually connected. Anything is possible. I wish I had more to offer.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009