has your husband or so ever not told you happy birthday on your birthday?

today is my birthday, and my husband didn't tell me happy birthday. he had to work today, so he took me to dinner on his day off monday. i wasn't expecting him to get me anything or do anything for me. but i was expecting him to at least say happy birthday. he was kinda in a hurry when he was leaving for work. but it just bothers me that he didn't say it. i don't remember him ever not at least saying happy birthday to me. i know he didn't forget or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband has missed mine completely more than once, but I knew what I was getting when I married him and it doesn't really bother me. Yours took you out, so he did more than a lot of men. He also probably thinks he's already covered your birthday - men don't think like us! Try not to be too upset and let it go.

Happy Birthday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• you can still make the day special. Make a cake and a whatever you want for dinner.
    When he comes home he can see how important this day is for you.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE MONEY TO HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY YOU STILL CAN MAKE A VERY SPECIAL DAY.
    And never ever tell you Husband or your BF you don't have to get me something because we have no money.
    He can always make a card, cut flowers from your garden, massage you, make breakfast,
    It is still your day and tell what you would want. Just be nice.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• No, I make it loud and clear, I don't cook, do dishes, bath anyone, my Birthday is my Birthday.

He probably was rushing and didn't realize he didn't say it. I would not take it to heart.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I always make a very big deal about my own birthday, so there is no way for him to miss it. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Maybe he'll bring some flowers home from work or something. You never know, he could be pretending to be a jerk about your birthday but has something up his sleeve for later.

This year my husband might as well have forgotten my birthday. I didn't even get a card. He said happy birthday...that's about it. Oh we went out for supper but only after I got our son ready and requested that we go. He had already started to make himself something to eat, nothing for me or my son, just himself.
    My mom sent me money in a card to buy myself something and I ended up using the money for groceries because my DH bought parts for his bike and we were short that week. He said he'd pay me back...my birthday was July 2nd....Still nothing.

That's men though.
    Anonymous

• I always forget stuff like that when i wake up and hurry out...im sure he will think of it throughout the day when someone mentions the date and say something when he gets home. Dont give up on him yet!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009