How do you not work so hard to be a perfect grandma and a mom?

I feel I've had to work to hard to be a perfect mom since in the past I've had some problems and they threatened to let me never see grandkids again. Things are so much better but I feel I work to hard to be a good mom.

grandma02

Asked by grandma02 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• If your grandchildren are worth it then I would not bitch about it. If you are not getting anywhere working that hard then be yourself and except that some people you just can't make them happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Leave you kids alone. Less drama in your life and really who needs that now a days.
    Anonymous

• that is a little harsh but to each his own.
    Anonymous

• First of all remove the word perfect from your vocabulary. You can be a good mom and grandmother, but you will never be perfect. Being a good grandmother is not about working. It is about spending positive time with your Grandkids and not butting into your kids' business.  And the word you were looking for is too (not to)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• They are manipulating you. Mine do that crap to me all the time. They really do take the kids away to "punish" me but I just get on with my life and wait it out. They always give in when they need a sitter. I'm way too old to work so hard to try to be a perfect mom. I also know they don't exist. Perfection is a state of mind. They take me as is or not....I'm ok with myself for either one. I don't give them a hard time or try to run their life so they don't need to try to run mine. Do what you think is best but it will wear you down trying to please others. Just try to please yourself.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• There is no such thing as a perfect mom. There is nobody perfect. Maybe you are doing something to that they don't agree or maybe you made some mistakes in the past. Who knows. One thing I tell you do not let them manipulate you. Just be yourself. If you are a loving mom and a loving gramma that is all you can offer. They need to accept you the way you are and you got to stop pleasing everyone. Just let them know you love them and that is all you can do.
    Aida7777

Answer by Aida7777 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Honey, no one is perfect, you simply do your best and that's all that you can do! :)
    Anonymous