If "cafemom" was an auditorium, and the "question" you asked was really you standing in front of the auditorium asking the question, and the "audience" was all the moms that are reading and answering your question, do you think everyone would be bashing and fighting each other face to face like they do online?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, but not nearly as bad or as hateful
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yes but I think there would be some women who would hold their tongues. But I do believe there are some women who are so hateful, tactless and mean that they would start a fight in person, just as they do on the internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yes
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I think they'd throw rotten vegetables instead
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Absolutely yes, I believe there would still be tons of bashings. Look at public town hall meetings - town council meetings and board of ed meetings that infuriate audiences. If the question is about emotions more than showing off a cute kitty or beautiful baby , bashing will be part of it.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Of course not, there is no Anon button to hide under!

Answer by older at 11:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Well if the is a subject brought up and I had something neg or pos I will not hold back i have my own beliefs I am my own person.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• probably not, but besides the bitchy people - i think the anon option is a really valuable tool on here. i'm sure alot of ppl really want honest answers to their questions and some ppl have an opening to share their opinion that's not necessarily nice. true- some ppl go too far with their crappiness, but a person can read all answers and hopefully get what she needs from it.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 12:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I actually think they would. There are a lot of 'don't take no shit' types here. And while that has great qualities, some are just trashy in the way they go about it. I know I for one would not bash anyone asking an honest question and not just trolling, but if someone replied to a question I ask in a manner that I think is uncalled for, you can bet I am going to tell them where to go and how to get there..
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• No. People get real bold over the internet. They know they will never meet any of us. So they say and act a certain way they know they'd never act with someone face to face.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2009