Advice from anyone who has been on a cruise? Re: being on ocean, activities, weather...

We want to book a 15 day cruise to Hawaii that includes stopping at mostly all islands, my question is about the weather, the sailings are at the end of Novemeber and the end of December. My aunt said that the weather is terrible in Hawaii at that time and that it is Hurricane season. I checked the Hurricane seasons, and it says that in Hawaii the season is June to early November. Now I am scared to be out on the ocean at that time. Which is correct, and what is it actually like being on a cruise, I don't want to find out I hate it on day 2 , and then have 13 more days to be on it.

sylvia-ann

Asked by sylvia-ann at 11:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Travel

• I've been on 2 cruises and the tickets were lots cheaper during hurrican season (both in the carribean) and LOVED THEM!!!! the first was honeymoon with ex hubby, 2nd was for a wedding and my daughter was flower girl and we had a blast!!!! Dont be freaked out about the weather - they will bring you in or cancel if any sort of danger is there. Enjoy all the sites you get to see and only unpack once. take advantage of the all u can eat buffets, lounging by the pool, and plain old relaxing for 15 whole days!!!!!!!! U lucky girl u!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• BTW i was freaked out cuz i dont know how to swim and was terrified of water - hell i didnt even know i was on a boat except for the beautiful view! and a little when i laid down at night.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Well I've been on uite a few cruises, Caribbean mostly cuz that's where we live, we get lots of hurricanes here so it wasn't that bad on the cruise compared to land! We went on a Hawaii- Australia cruise 3 yrs. ago in early November cuz the tickets were sooo cheap. It was still fun... we went with my sister and her kids and my kids, the ship just rocked a lil more than usual, but for 15 days, you'd get used to it. I hope you have fun!
    alishak

Answer by alishak at 10:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I am so jelouse!!!!  Cruising is a blast!!!  very family friendly!!  Bring mosetly summer clothes with good walking shoes and a sweater or jacket for cooler nights.

They make your bed and clean the bathroom twice a day, the food is incredible!  for more info and tips sign up to this website.  You can even join the boards and "meet" people that will actually be on your cruise!!  I found the info invaluable the first time!

www.cruisecritic.com

travel

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Cruising is so much fun, with the added bonus of being able to unpack and stay in the same room the whole time. If you tend to get motion sickness, get something from the doc on board right away. I got sick the first night out and took Dramamine, made me even sicker. Just didn't take anything the rest of the time and I was fine. Conceived ds on that cruise too! :) Have fun!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 5:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009