When did you meet your in-laws?

I first met mine just over a month ago on September 5th..my Husband and I celebrated 4 blissful years of Marriage on August 22 [and Our Son turned 2 in June]. I'd emailed and talked on the phone with both my FIL and MIL since before Hubbie and I got Married, so it was easier to meet them. I am sooo lucky - I have the best In-laws EVER and we got along perfectly. I love 'em!

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 11:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've known my MIL since before hubby and I got together!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I met mine when I was about 7 months pregnant with their grandchild... :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I am like you - my inlaws were both my very best friends. Mom died before Dad. Dad took long long public transportation to be with us for visits cuz we couldn't get to him sometimes. Mom died at 70 and Dad at 87 years. We did everything together. Dad yelled at me at time and told me to GROW UP and he and I would go out shopping together. He would try to pay for everything and we'd fight at checkout and laugh our way to the car and Mom and I would swear and laugh hysterically WITH each other seconds later. Dad just died. I miss him so. I miss Mom SO. I miss you Dad. Dad we're taking care of them don't worry. They're not alone ever.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I met them a few days before our wedding. My husband moved out to Colorado from New York to be with me, so I had never seen either of them, or anyone else in his family for that matter. I love them both, and my SIL, and my husband's uncles, but my FIL can be mean... he's an alcoholic and when he drinks he gets nasty.

So yep :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• sorry, didn't exactly answer your question. I met my 'future' inlaws when my husband and I had dated for six months. When we got engaged we went to their house first afterwards. And we were tiptoeing around, excited but afraid to say we were engaged. And my mominlaw screamed at us "OK SO WHO"SE PREGNANT???!!!!" I was not pregnant before marriage but that would not have bothered my inlaws to act any different to me. They loved life's experiences not only one thing in any one's life.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i met my FIL about 3 months into our relationship, we stayed at his house during Spring Break on our way to New Orleans. but it wasnt awkward b/c we & another friend were doing the break as friends not a couple & a third wheel. FIL didnt even know we were dating until he woke up early & found our friend on the couch instead of me. but he didnt care.

i met my MIL & her DH a few days later as we made our way to their house in Lousiana. we hadnt told her we were dating but she knew...moms always know! my DH had a medical emergency while we were there & i won her over by how concerned i was...as we left she told me she knew her boy was in good hands

i love them both almost as much as my own parents. i got really lucky in the in-law department.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i met the MIL about 2 months into dating...She didnt go to the wedding...she lets me know often that im not good enough for her son... So me and the baby arent welcome to her home. (she doesnt believe the baby is his) but i am not for her so she can kiss my ass... :)
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 1:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• When I was four months pregnant--not the greatest how-ya-do because my MIL has this weird attachment to dh and hates me for "stealing" him from her.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2009