How old were you when you learned to cook/bake?

I started to learn how to cook eggs at four and barely able to reach the stove. I would stand on a chair just so I could see into the fry pan. Don't get me wrong; I ate my fair share of cereal, but nothing beats the delicious smell of eggs. I was eager to learn to cook at a very young age inspired by my Grandmother.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• grandma had all of the kids learning to make/knead dough, and pat and roll out the tortilla, i remember being on the table and being on my knees punching the heck out of the huge dough, my grandma always cooked for an army so she was all "punch it punch it" it was huge, and I started making cookies myself when I was like 4. I can cook ok, but I am more of a baker. Now, I miss my grandma. :0(
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 4:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My mom would always let me sit on the counter and help add things and stir even when I was little more than a baby.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I remember always standing by my mom watching her cook and soaking it all in. I was old enough to stand on chairs and not wobble so probably 3-4.

When I was about 7 or 8 she bought me a cookbook for children and I would make stuff using that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I was 10 - 11 yrs old. I really enjoy cooking and I really love cooking for my family.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I was 8 years old when I started cooking meals.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Grandma taught me to make French toast when I was 4.
    I was always baking with her regularly at that age.
    I learned to cook in my early teens, but only from observation. My Mom didn't do well with having someone in the kitchen with her.
    Anonymous