Can quitting breastfeeding after 7 months cause pregnancy like symptoms?

I recently decided to stop breastfeeding my 7 month old daughter. I had my period like normal ever since she was like 3 months old. After stopping I was 3 weeks late on my period. It was heavy like normal with the cramps. I took a pregnancy test the day before I started and it said negative. I'm now experiencing preggo symptoms. Dizziness, weird sensations in my abdomen, hot flashes, no appetite, nausea, diarehea, back ache, and fatigue. I've been under a lot of stress lately due to starting a new job. I also starting doing the P90X workout which is pretty hardcore. With the pregnancy of my daughter I didn't experience morning sickness until about 7 weeks along, and it feels the same now. I took a pregnancy test this morning but it also read negative. Is this normal? Help!

JanMichelle

Asked by JanMichelle at 12:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it's stopping breastfeeding that's causing it, but it could definately be stress and the exercise program.

Take it a little easy for a while and see if that helps. Get a good book, take a bath and RELAX. Take a break from working out so hard (but continue to exercise, because it's soooo good as a stress relief). I'm sure you'll feel better soon!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• YOu are a wreck woman! Sorry, I know all to well and can relate honey. I ALSO started my period at 3 months when I was exclusively BF with ALL 3 OF MY KIDS. OMG I want to reach out of this computer and hug you! I am going thru some wierd stuff like that right now. I just know to trust your intincts. I am not saying you are preggo but having your period, bf, and waking up with baby definitly can strain your body, your immune system and your mental health. I was anemic on top of all of this....are you? And P90X I heard is hard. I am thinking of seeing a doctor because I am just drained and have no motivation. I think you should do the same. I noticed that I have a sharp pain in my abdomin eqach time I started. I really am getting physically exhausted and need some me time. I really have to talk to myself some days and get with it. I have good days and good. Best wishes!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• stopping bfing wouldn't do it imo.
    Anonymous

• same here, i stopped around 7 months, now baby is 8 months and i am still having symptoms. all you named plus gaining weight. even phantom kicks. but i think its just our body readjusting since we are not producing as much milk.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Thanks everyone! I really appreciate everyone's responses. I go to the doctor for a normal checkup in a week, so I will definately find out.
    JanMichelle

Answer by JanMichelle at 8:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2009