I am 31 weeks pregnant and lately all I feel like I do is fight with my boyfriend. I work fulltime and go to school fulltime he works about 30 hours a week landscaping. We used to have a lot of fun together but lately I feel so much like we are growing apart and with a baby coming we should be happy and in loe yet I dont feel that way. Any advice on this would be wonderful.

KMC2697

Asked by KMC2697 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's interesting that you mention your work schedules. i guess that means this is the source of it all? do you feel like he isn't pulling his weight? or are you just feeling resentful that he has so much more free time? or did you mean that because you are so busy you 2 are moving apart?

good luck, i hope things improve :) i assume you will be less busy post-baby? well more busy because of baby but with fewer other commitments?

sounds like you are really stressed from being so busy plus being pregnant. but that's not necessarily BFs fault unless you are working so much because he won't.
    Anonymous

• What you are experiencing in very, very common, especially with couples who are not married. When a child is conceived, the responsibilities greatly increase and the seriousness of the future become all too real. Woman seem to adjust to the new responsibilities a lot better than the guys do, and the result is more arguments and greater distance between the two. I don't know of anything that you can do to make your situation any better. If you want the arguments to stop, you can accept things as they are and you can choose to not fight with him and try to get him to change. The sad truth is that we have no power to change any other person except ourselves. So if I were you, I'd give up on trying to change him and work on changing myself and my attitudes.
    Anonymous

• I would go a little easy on him. With hormones raging, we can sometimes be very impatient and easily irritated. And remember that you have a very big load for a pregnant woman. Focus on getting as much rest as possible.
    Anonymous