Did the nurses treat you diff when you had 2nd, 3rd baby?

I felt like they were drill sergeants the first time around! Wake up, feed baby, eat this! I had no clue what I was doing until they said..."No your baby has a seperate nurse and I am YOUR nurse." Oh ok.

When I had my 3rd baby, the nurses literally poked their head in and said "You ok hun?" and left. lol

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 12:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got more respect with the 2nd and 3rd baby. With the first baby the nurses all treated me like I was some kind of idiot that had to be told when to breath, pee and feed the baby.

With the second baby they started off a bit pushy until I informed them that I had done this before and I knew what I was doing. After that they treated me with more respect and were less bossy.

With the third baby the nursing staff practically ignored me. I didn't know if I should be angry that I was being neglected our rejoice in not being disturbed.
    Anonymous

• With my second I left 2 hours after he was born. It was an easy birth with no interventions. We both got cleaned up and went home.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• OP here - Yeah! and the first thing they ask is "Is this your first baby?" And you can see the relief in their face when they know you have done this before. LOL
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I felt like they were drill sergeants the first time around! Wake up, feed baby, eat this!

i would probably have fits if a nurse treated me like that. 1st baby, 2nd baby, 10th baby. lol.
    Anonymous

• Yeah they lightened up on each one.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My second was basically a "call if you need anything" feeling. Except one nurse kept wanting to take him to the nursery so I could rest. It drove me crazy!! I was constantly telling her no, that I was fine but she just kept asking. I didn't even see the doctor until about 5 minutes before I left. For the most part, I was on my own. =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i gave birtyh to my fist at a military hospital (hated it) my seocnd was civilian alot better treatment
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• yep!

and I had a heck of a time with #2 - my first was in the NICU for the first week so I hadn't actually gotten to do the first days with baby thing.....I had to explain it to all my nurses that although I have 2 now I still don't have a clue.

#3 was different for all of us. I just wanted to go home lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2009