Does your state charge a nonrefundable fee to apply for health care?

We're jobless here! DH was at his job for 24 years this month! Jobless since January. We've had poor health coverage at his job.That came right out of his pay checks Where the $3,000 Deductibles for DH & I made it impossible to go in for anything any way! In our State you can apply for health care. But you have to immediately pay a $60.00 fee when applying on the phone or via the internet. So I'm wondering if its like that for you too? $60.00 is a great deal of money. When I put down my nearest hospital & DR. They said they're not included! Just looking for Advice or what its like in your state! I'm not complaining. Just asking! Thank you for your replies! I appreciate you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What kind of health care are you applying for? Medicaid? I didn't think they could charge to apply for Medicaid.

With Indiana and Arizona Medicaid you are assigned a doctor. If you don't like that doctor you can change in the first month or once a year. There was no fee to apply.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009