Question about stitches.

I had my baby 2 1/2 weeks ago. Yesterday, when I got out of the shower I got a mirror to look down there. The skin is healed were I was cut. But it looks like I was sewed up (inisde) also?? Is this right? Why?
And plus, there is a string (looks like a tampon) loop coming out-like I could pull it. I know they dissolve, but why is there so much loose string?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They have to stitch you inside too when they cut (or you tear). The injury extends into the vagina and they have to put it all back together.

As for the string, it's probably a stitch. Sometimes they dissolve completely on one side before the other and they kind of hang there like that. I had one that did and it felt so awful to pull on it! I just waited until it came off on it's own.

You're brave... it took me 5 or 6 weeks to be able to look down there! lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You're brave... it took me 5 or 6 weeks to be able to look down there! lol.
    me too. i ddint wnat to look lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2009