Question about stitches.

I had my baby 2 1/2 weeks ago. Yesterday, when I got out of the shower I got a mirror to look down there. The skin is healed were I was cut. But it looks like I was sewed up (inisde) also?? Is this right? Why?
And plus, there is a string (looks like a tampon) loop coming out-like I could pull it. I know they dissolve, but why is there so much loose string?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I delivered about 4 1/2 months ago..I too had internal sutures from some minor tears, and I had that loop of string. Its just different suture material..don't pull it! By about 5 weeks, most of my sutures had dissolved, and if I remember correctly, that string had dissolved and fallen out around the same time. I have no idea where there seems to be such a long tail on that particular suture, I remember asking myself the same questions, but apparently, it's all completely normal! Congrats on your baby..hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly!
    Zosmommy

Answer by Zosmommy at 12:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009