Who pays when?

Ok this may seem like a dumb question, but I have been out of the dating game for so long and am just now getting back into it.
When a man invites you to dinner, does it mean that he will be picking up the tab? Or should I offer to pay my share? Who pays when, and what are the general rules for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• invitee is to pay. but i always bring enough cash for my share and an excuse to call it an early night if i have to use my cash :)

roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• The person who does the inviting pays for the dinner.

I cannot stand a person who invites then sticks the bill to the guest. Rotten! (And yes, it's happened to me. I broke up the friendship.)
    Anonymous

• I would say the person who invites pays. That is how it was when I dated. Things might have changed. I would bring some back up money just in case.
    Anonymous

• I think the guy should pay. I have taken my dat eout b4 but very rarely only if it his bday or i plan something and surprise him..with tickets to a concert or something.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009