Ooops, I bought mustard greens

instead of turnip greens and I have no idea what to do with them. Can I boil them like I was planning to do with the turnip greens? I tried one and it was spicy as hell. Will they taste that way when I cook them? I'm so ashamed, I noticed at the register the screen said mustard greens but I didn't want to say anything because I had my babies with me and didn't want to hold up the line.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes, cook them the same way and you can tone down that spicy taste by adding some sugar. Not too much, you don't want dessert. Start with 1/2 cup and go from there. Also, you can add a 4 oz cup of plain yogurt to the mustard greens to further help even out the spice.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• UGG-I hate mustard greens, and yes they will taste spicy after you cook them, maybe toss a few in with a salad, but I cook all the time and this is one green I personally can't stand--sorry--your kiddos won't probably like them either!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009