Friend's and relatives divorces & seperations.

Do you ever start to feel disheartened about the future of your own marriage/LTR when all you have ever seen and keep seeing is ever one else having theirs fall apart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Yup. Im in that position right now. No one in my family has remained married. My husbands family is the complete opposite.
    Anonymous

• No, Just because every one else is divorcing. Does not have anything to do with our marriage at all. We have a good marriage. That all that counts to me

Answer by louise2 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• No because other peoples relationships have nothing to do with mine so I don't worry about it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yes. TBH, you never really know what is around the corner. There are probably a large amount of people who are now divorced who said at one time that other people's marriage problems had nothing to do with their own.
    Anonymous

• No because the 'issues' that have damaged friends/family members marriages do not apply to my marriage.
    Anonymous

• Why not let what you are seeing inspire you to work harder to make sure your marriage does not end up as another failure? Divorce should not be considered as an option and never mentioned. Instead, every day, tell your husband that you are totally committed to him and that you intend to be with him when you are both old and gray. I promise you that it's an attitude that works. When it's you and him against the world(and that includes the world of divorce), you can stand together against all the winds of adversity. Yes, there will be tough times, but they need not defeat you nor cause you to give up on your marriage. Instead, let them serve to make you more determined to grow old with the man you chose to love for all of your life.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Oh, I just love what NannyB had to say! As someone who is sadly in the midst of separation & divorce, I really encourage you to use this observation to strengthen your own relationship. I truly believe there is nothing better than being in a trusting, loving marriage - and its devastating, absolutely devastating, if it falls apart. Please use this as inspiration!
    Anonymous