What kind of mother would do this?

I know this woman who met a man through the internet last Decemember. He was home on leave from Iraq, just broke up with his SO/mother of his only child who had him thrown in jail on old warrents and for domestic violance. They did not meet before he had to go back to Iraq. They continued to talk online for the next 3 months while he was in Iraq. When he came home for good in March he moved in with her and her 3 children and now they are getting married at the end of the month. What kind of a person would do that kind of thing? I am trying not to be judgmental but it is getting really hard not to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• To each it's own. Moms of 3 need love too.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• domestic violence? sounds off to me, usually there is a reason for having multiple warrants out, suprised he still got to serve in the military without it being taken care of. But come on that was the other woman I am sure she "drove" him to it. Be there for your friend when this thing goes to hell and a handbasket, and make sure to keep a good eye on those kids, if you see anything funky it is your duty to report it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• To each their own. I could never do that though. I have trust issues.
    Anonymous

• ah.. my sister makes choices like these when it comes to men, I HATE it cause it affects her daughter but she'll also NEVER change no matter how many times we try to help her -she's totally attracted to losers!! its frustrating.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Krama will catch up.
    Anonymous

• I agree with another poster- parts of the story don't add up. But that is what happens when you cast judgment and are gossipy.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I thought the military will not let people in with a record like that. And if I'm reading it right, I don't think he'd get in at all with warrants like that. But if somehow that stuff is true and she knew about it, then I think it's not cool. Bu these days, even pushing your way past someone can be called DV. I would need full details to give an unbiased answer.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• To each their own.I personally wouldnt do it.But if it were my friend & she did something like that..id voice my concerns & then try to support HER decision as best as i could.Thats what friends are for.If she werent a friend..well then I WOULDNT be in HER business to begin with & again..to each their own.
    cheekymonster

Answer by cheekymonster at 1:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• hmm i would worry about the violence thing...actually i have heard about violent people going into the service.i dont know if it was sapposed to change them or they could get there anger out but it usually didnt work.but never say never,just be there if she needs you.it might be ok...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Sounds fishy to me. The military wont even let you in without a diploma/GED, let alone serve with a whole bunch of warrants?? Come on now....
    Anonymous