which stroller would you go with?

i have been doing some research on the same brand of stroller (graco)just different models. the duo glider which holds up to 40lbs on both seats. then the quattro tour glider which holds 50 lds on front seat and then 40 on the back. thing is with the second one it's much more expensive and i wonder will i use it up to that weight. my daughter is 3 1/2 yrs old and weighs about 30-32 pounds. i'm thinking by the time she hits 50 pounds she'll be about 5 and not sure if she would need or want to use a stroller by then. what do you ladies think? the price difference would be about 40-50. of course i'm buying used on craig. anyone have either one and what do you think about it?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your little one likes to ride like my 3 year old then you might go for the one that goes to a higher weight. Most kids wont want to ride once they are 50 pounds but better to be safe then sorry. My 5 year still rides sometimes if we are out doing a lot of walking or have had a long day, I don't mind easier to deal with a cranky 5 year old when they can just sit and enjoy the ride. I have 3 kids and will be using my double until my 3 year old out grows it completely since I have a 4 month old and don't want to waste money buying a second stroller. Hope this helps, good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 7:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i don't have either, but I would go with the cheaper one. Most kids don't weigh 50 lbs by the time they are out of strollers (notice I said most lol) But since your daughter is only 30 lbs at 3 1/2 I would definitely go with the cheaper one. Then use the extra money for a special trip to use your new stroller! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• ^^Agreed.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't bother with a double or get one from a garage sale or something. I have a kid the same age as yours and he wants nothing to do with a stroller now. It might be a total waste.
    Anonymous