Too Nervous to do anything physical?

If you are dating, or when you were dating, were you scared or nervous to get intimate with a guy intially?
How do you get past it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I remember being soooo nervous when I was dating my husband. We were together for three months before we actually met each other face to face. I remember KNOWING that he wanted to hold my hand, but we sat at opposite ends of the back seat of the car (I was 16 and my mom drove me to pick him up at the airport lol). FINALLY, hours after we picked him up he grabbed my hand and didn't let go :p Our first kiss was the same way. We both wanted to, but were too nervous. I was leaning against him watching South Park at like 11:00 PM before I took him to his hotel and I looked up at him and he just kissed me. It was wonderful :)

I miss the excitement sometimes. You get over teh initial awkwardness by forging ahead (but ONLY if you want to! Feeling nervous is normal, but not wanting to and forcing it will only bring harm).

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yes. I just waited until I felt comfortable. There was no magic cure for me. When I met the man who became my DH, it took a few month to even begin to get intimate. I wanted to wait because I'd rushed into intimacy before and made mistakes. It seems to come naturally to just wait until the time is right and not try to get over the hesitation too quickly. If you're nervous, it's for a reason. Maybe you know it's too soon and you're not sure of him yet. Give yourself time.
    Anonymous

• Beer. Lots of beer! lol j/k
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• He kissed me and I melted...all my nervousness, just melted away and was replaced by a warm fuzzy feeling and then a hot and ready feeling...lol!
    Anonymous