newborn costume.

okay i'm sure my little one will be here soon i was wondering if anyone knows any cute ideas for a homemade halloween costume for a baby boy i'm not taking him trick or treating or anything but i still want him to participate in some halloween festivities please and thanks.

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Get some Halloween pj's. They have them at Walmart. This way the baby will be comfy and festive as well.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Great idea mamaada!
    Just draw off inspiration from the outfits he already has if you can.
    They have the cutest newborn caps at Target. I have seen puppy and frog ones.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yellow hooded sweatshirt - sew or glue loops of fabric or yarn around the front of the hood to look like a lion's mane.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• When my son was 3 months old, I made him a "jalapeno pepper" costume which was basically just some green fabric ( or blanket) sewn in the shape of a pepper and something red and bib-like around the neck. It was very cute and kept him warm since we were doing outdoor activities for Halloween. (What made it funnier was that we have a Hispanic last name).
    I've also seen babies as green peas done the same way and you can put on overalls and go as a farmer.
    Just a thought.....
    MaeI

Answer by MaeI at 6:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My grandson wore a pumpkin outfit his first halloween. He was so cute.
    gracie1220

Answer by gracie1220 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2009