What are your dating rules?

For your son/daughter? Just wanted to know the rules of other moms, my children
are ages 13 and 16.

Futuregirlzone

Asked by Futuregirlzone at 1:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My dd is 14.5 a freshman. She is not allowed to one on one date. We dont have hard and fast rules... we are kind of taking it as it comes. She has had boyfriends... but only saw them at school, bar/bat mitzvahs, and school dances.
    Anonymous

• I wasnt allowed to Date Date until I was 16. I could see boys I liked at school and such but wasnt allowed to go out with them til 16
    Anonymous

• My girls are 13 and 16 too. My 16 yo has a bf, also 16. They do alot within a group of friends. Have had a few "dates" alone. I like when they are here, watching movies or playing Wii. She was not
    allowed to date until she was 16. She and the BF have been friends for 3 years, which is good. I know him and his parents. Not allowed to be upstairs in her room, and doors open.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My sons are 23, 21, 19 and 17. They were allowed to go out on group outings with a girl they liked starting at 14 and then at 17 they were allowed to go on regular dates with just them and their gf. We encourage their gfs to go out with us a family and our sons to do things with their gfs families.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My daughters are still little but the rules for dating will be - they can one-on-one date when they are 16 - group dates when they are 14-15. I haven't figured out all the kinks yet but those are my rules so far. My oldest DD thinks 16 is a magical age because that's the age she can start doing "EVERYTHING" (job, driving, ect).
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Group dates before HS. But once they are in HS they can go on whatever date they want to...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• now i hav kids 19 16 6 and 4 when my kids r 13 i only allow group dates and home dates in the living room til they r 16 thts when u can go by rself anywhere tht i approve of i need their name phone # parents phone # and where u r going and u hav to be home at 10 on skool night and 11:30 on weekends
    momnamedeva

Answer by momnamedeva at 6:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• my daughters 13...she seems to think she can date but no way not yet....if she does have a friend who is a boy they can hangout in my view....
    Anonymous

• My girls are 11 and 13. We've set 16 as the age they can date, and we may allow a group date or two at 15, if she really presses for it. I'm acquainted with many of her friends parents, and once the dating thing looks like it might be an issue, I'll call about to see what their thoughts are on the subject with the hopes of coming up with a semi-united front, since it's so much easier to enforce a rule in our house if her friends have a similar understanding with their parents. But - regardless of how alone we turn out to be with this, 16 will be our rule.
    annie2244

Answer by annie2244 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2009