would you buy a halloween costume for a newborn that hasnt arrived yet???

idk ......i would be mad if he was born before halloween and didnt have one lol

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know new babies are exciting. There will be tons of tiny halloween costumes even on Halloween Day. Think how excited a friend or relative will be to run out and buy a newborn costume for new baby for you!!!

Can't count for sure on babies birth dates - even with scheduled sections sometimes babies beat those dates.

Let a friend or grandma, auntie have the fun of a costume if baby for it!!!

With my three, I had tons of help of whatever I needed for baby, the day of births' gifts for them were like baby showers themselves!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• when i was prego i took a bright orange shirt and glued black felt on it to look like a jack o lantern. the felt was right on my belly ( i was a month away from due date!). but if baby was born b4 you can have someone get it for you quick while you recover. congrats on the new baby!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• lol my baby is due in december and my DH wants to buy all the halloween costumes for him just to wear around the house when he is born. LOL
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• yeah! its fun.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• What's it going to hurt? Do it! There are some really cute halloween costumes for babies now!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would just buy a cute comfy pair of Halloween pj's they have at Walmart. That way he will be comfy and festive and get use out of them as well. Good luck...the count down begins!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i got a cute little tiger suit for my baby, it's not like a real costume. it's like a sleeper but it has a hood with ears. i'm scheduled to be induced 10/19. it was only $8 at walmart.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• As long as your baby is due before Halloween then it should be fine. Remember though most things won't fit a newborn. A friend of mine had her baby October 16 and got her costume from Build-a-Bear. That was the only thing shoe could find that would fit her! Good luck and have fun!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Remember, due dates are not set in stone! My dd was 16 days late! So I'd say it depends on when the baby is "due"
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• my son was "due" oct 2, born oct 8, and i made him a halloween costume out of white and yellow felt. he was a fried egg! :)

if my due date was oct 24th or before, i would probably go ahead and buy one. if it was after that, i would wait and see... well idk, you might want to get a comfy one to have with you for the birth just in case baby is born on the 30th or 31st!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2009